Audio Production Expert
Sound producer specializing in virtual reality.
An experienced sound director and producer, Scott Marshall specialized in ambisonic sound, spatial 3D audio design, mixing, and mastering for virtual reality. He has crafted audio post-production for films, TV shows, and advertisements across different genres using his skills in Pro Tools HD, ICON D-Command and CONTROL, Fairlight MFX, Steinberg: Nuendo 3.2/4, and Merging: Pyramix. One of Scott's creative VR 360 projects include creating ambisonic spatial audio for an immersive 360 experience of the horror film, Ouija 2: Origin of Evil by Universal Pictures.
Social Media Marketing
3D Audio Design
Audio Post Production
Avid Pro Tools
Founder & Sound Lead
Bamsound Creative VR
January 2007 - Present (14 years)
Bamsound Creative VR is an immersive 3D agency specializing in 360 and virtual reality audios and videos based in London.
- Led in spatial 3D audio design and mixing for virtual reality experience (VRX).
- Crafted ambisonic sounds for games, broadcast media, documentary, and commercials.
- Worked with production companies such as WMP Creative, 2LE Productions, Channel 5 and Objective Productions in sound mixing and audio post-production requirements of television programs.
- Acted as dubbing mixer, sound editor and sound designer to movies, short films and VRX launching events.
- Winner, 2013 Raindance Film Festival, Film of the Festival (Feature), The Patrol.
- Clients: BBC One, Toyota, Saatchi & Saatchi, BBC, Universal Pictures, UKTV, National Geographic, and Fremantle Media.
June 2016 - Present (5 years 7 months)
Spirit Studios, formerly known as SSR and The School of Sound Recording, is a music and media training academy producing graduates within the music, television, film, and radio industries.
- Acted as phase leader for advanced post-production subject including sound for film, games, and television.
- Assisted in the development of learning materials and maintaining records to track students' progress.
- Participated in faculty seminars and in the development of tests and student assessments.
February 2018 - Present (3 years 11 months)
- Managed the design and implementation of all audio in projects.
- Worked closely with virtual and augmented reality specialists and audio teams.
- Supervised and maintained the highest level of quality for all audio assets.
- Produced various virtual 3D spatial sound effects and voice over (VO) sessions to short videos and films.
- Composed and produced sounds in Dolby Atmos format.
The Farm Group
August 2018 - October 2018 (2 months)
The Farm Group is an award-winning post-production facility that provides HD, 4K, UHD, HDR, VR360 picture, and sound post-production services to producers across the world.
- Produced the final sound mix for the project and ensured output was correct both technically and stylistically.
- Worked with all the sound elements to create the final soundtrack.
- Managed the relative volume levels and positioned these sounds through aesthetic judgment.
Talkback Productions Limited
April 2018 - April 2018
Talkback Productions Limited also known as talkbackTHAMES is one of the British largest production companies producing over 1000 hours of programming a year in all programming genres.
- Created and delivered sound mixes for a BBC Three Comedy Drama show.
- Edited sound effects using licensed libraries and designed custom effects for licensed and original video assets.
- Collaborated closely with audio and video leads to create compelling creative assets.
Senior Dubbing Mixer & Sound Designer
December 2017 - December 2017
Suite Ltd is one of UK's premiere post-production facilities, specializing in comedy, music and long-form programming.
- Produced required sound effects to accompany screen action.
- Worked with the production mixer, sound supervisor, the editor, and the director to craft original sound elements.
- Reviewed sound recording requirements to give the project an authentic sense of location or a particular mood.
Gramercy Park Studios London
August 2017 - August 2017
Gramercy Park Studios is an end to end production service specializing in editing, color grading, VFX, CGI, motion graphics, and sound.
- Conferred with producers and other designers to determine and achieve the desired sound for a project.
- Mixed and edited voices, music, and taped sound effects using sound mixing boards.
- Recorded speech, music, and other sounds on recording media using recording equipment.
- Regulated volume level and sound quality during recording sessions using control consoles.
Senior Sound Designer
Ogilvy & Mather UK
May 2016 - September 2016 (4 months)
- Developed the sound concept and sound map from a brief for a project.
- Arranged the sound and music using digital signal processing.
- Created and recorded original material and sourced existing recording.
- Enhanced the sound in various stages to the final mix using a digital audio workstation.
August 2016 - August 2016
- Collaborated closely with the director, editor, and production sound mixer to conceptualize the audio aesthetic of the project.
- Enhanced sounds artistically using software plug-ins, synthesizers, and audio samplers.
- Led the sound department during post-production using Pro Tools.
Senior Dubbing Mixer
July 2016 - July 2016
Thames Television is a franchise holder for a region of the British ITV television network serving London and surrounding area.
- Edited the dialog, music and sound effects to create the final soundtrack of the game show pilot episode.
- Ensured the sound of the television program is technically and aesthetically correct.
- Performed mixing and cross-fading of the sound using the soundtrack prepared by the music editor.
July 2016 - July 2016
Independent Television News (ITN) is a UK-based television production company, which is made up of two divisions such as Broadcast News and ITN Productions.
- Utilized sound consoles to synchronize and equalize pre-recorded music, dialogue, and sound effects.
- Analyzed the script to learn the sequence of speaking parts, music and sound elements.
- Operated console to control the projector and dubbing machine.
- Regulated intensity and volume of music, dialogue, special effects, and background noise.
Re-recording Mixer & Sound Designer
April 2016 - May 2016 (1 month)
Retort is a production company that specializes in all forms of comedy for television.
- Managed the creative aspects of how comedy-drama series #TheRebel will feel and what its unified aesthetic of sound will be.
- Integrated pre-recorded audio such as dialogue, sound effects, and music with visual content.
- Mixed and balanced speech, effects and music and altered sound effects for use in television.
October 2013 - July 2014 (1 year 9 months)
Prodigious is the cross-media production platform of Publicis Communications that brings together specialist production expertise in print, video and digital to deliver campaign and marketing assets and content, and better meet the content production of brands' needs.
- Eliminated unwanted sounds and regulated volume levels and sound quality.
- Collaborated with producers and other audio engineers.
- Designed audio systems, product and engineering requirements.
- Ensured that the audio systems are tested and validated.
- Delivered exceptional audio performance to the end users.
February 2013 - February 2013
- Analyzed the project brief and gathered sufficient information to produce relevant sound elements.
- Developed effects and music to fit the specific contexts and requirements.
- Created sound effects, atmospheres, sonic textures and ambiances that will create naturalistic and abstract worlds for the project.
Dubbing Mixer & Sound Designer
Red Bee Media
January 2008 - December 2011 (4 years 11 months)
Red Bee Media, formerly Ericsson Broadcast and Media Services, is an international broadcasting and media services company based in London.
- Developed the soundtrack through cutting and synchronizing to the sound elements such as production wild tracks, dialogue tracks, and library material.
- Worked closely with the sound designer, re-recording mixer, and the director to identify required sound effects throughout the project.
- Ensured sound elements were available from sound effect libraries or can be created to production requirements within tight time schedules.
Senior Sound Engineer & Sound Designer
Pure Soho Ltd
November 2010 - February 2011 (3 months)
Pure-Soho is a British multi-award media company specializing in audio post and music production.
- Collaborated with producers and other sound designer to determine the sound requirements.
- Managed the selection, positioning, adjustment, and operation of the equipment for amplification and recording.
- Monitored audio signals to detect sound-quality deviations or malfunctions and corrected any problems.
BBC Studio and Post Production
January 2009 - December 2010 (2 years 11 months)
- Mixed all the sound elements to create the final technical sound effects.
- Synchronized volume levels and positioned these sounds through artistic style and judgment.
- Ensured output sound was compliant with all applicable laws governing sound mixing.
Senior Dubbing Mixer
Directors Cut Films
February 2008 - February 2009 (1 year)
Directors Cut Films is a media production company in London specializing in post-production of high-end television series and independent feature movies for all major UK broadcasters, as well as worldwide broadcasters such as Fox and NatGeo.
- Mixed audio elements and sound effects for prominent television shows such as Britain from Above and SuperDoctors.
- Worked with numerous media companies including Lion Television, Dangerous Films and BBC One.
September 2005 - October 2006 (1 year 1 month)
- Enhanced individual sounds by adjusting loudness, spectral content and by adding artificial reverberation.
- Adapted sound quality into three-dimensional space of the listening environment for a variety of release formats.
January 2002 - December 2005 (4 years 11 months)
- Prepared an initial soundtrack through mixing and cross-fading of the sound.
- Worked with the producer and other re-recording mixers to achieve the desired sonic balance between dialogue, sound effects, and music.
- Crafted premix by making initial adjustments on loudness and reducing environmental noise.
- Performed decisions from moment to moment and determined each major sound element in the whole context of the project.