Here’s a job description template to help you attract the Data Engineer you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for enabling a data-driven approach to optimization by sourcing, maintaining, and ensuring the availability of data used to drive marketing insights to optimize marketing investments. You’ll integrate different data processing approaches to support standard business intelligence, as well as decision automation and machine learning requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and support for the development of an integrated digital marketing data foundation that will enable extensive business intelligence and machine learning for digital marketing and extended user communities.
- Focus on data comprised of digital marketing and other supporting data (e. g., weblogs, sales-related data, customer and contact data, social data, third party purchase data, etc.).
- Assist planning, designing, building, and documentation of digital marketing data.
- Work with digital marketing and IT teams to ensure high quality, on-time deliverables that meet usability, scalability, quality, and performance standards.
- Provide hands-on technical support for development, research, and quality assurance testing.
- Perform due diligence checks to ensure quality.
- Support change management efforts, including proactive communication with other teams and users.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or relevant role.
- Building Data Pipelines, with hands-on development of scripts using various programming languages including SQL, Python, Unix Shell, HQL, Spark Programming, Java.
- Understanding and experience with structured/unstructured database environments and Big Data environments.
- Hands-on experience using Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Good understanding of digital marketing and systems concepts, processes, and data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical Skills
- Project Management
- Communication skills
- Digital Marketing