QA Engineer Job Description
Here’s a job description template to help you attract the QA Engineer you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As a QA Engineer, you will design and implement tests, debug, review system requirements, and track quality assurance metrics.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide feedback by reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents.
- Develop well-structured and detailed test plans and cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Use open-source tools to design, develop, and execute automation scripts.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for products that will meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Track quality assurance metrics.
- Be up to date with the latest testing tools and strategies.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance and development.
- Knowledgeable of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Proven experience in writing clear and concise test plans and cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing and automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Performance and/or security testing experience is a plus.
- Software Development
- Project Management
- Communication skills
- Digital Marketing