Here’s a job description template to help you attract the Web Developer you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As a Web Developer, you will be managing the interchange of data between the server and the users, as well as translating the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application. You will also design the overall architecture of the web application and evolve it to ensure maximum performance and stability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create a website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Translate UI/UX wireframes to visual elements.
- Collaborate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Responsible for optimizing the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Proven working experience in web programming.
- Programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, object-oriented programming, and web application development.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics and network analytics tools.
- Good understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs. desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and development aiding tools.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Coding (HTML/CSS)
- Responsive Design
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving