Cheryl Marie Tay
Former online content manager at IQPC Asia.
An experienced writer and editor, has contributed to both B2B and B2C publications in various industries, including health and nutrition, travel, F&B, property, entertainment, tech and IT, automotive, oil and gas, and finance. She has also held hosting and speaking duties at conferences and summits for the aforementioned industries.
Online Content Manager
IQPC Asia Pte Ltd
July 2019 - January 2020 (6 months)
- Oversaw content production and publication for large-scale events organized by IQPC Asia (AI & Intelligent Automation Network, Automotive IQ, CCW Digital, Corporate Learning Network, CX Network, FPSO Network, Process Excellence Network, SSO Network).
- Conducted research and interviewed end-users in the tech and IT, finance, automotive, customer experience, oil and gas, mobile gaming, customer experience and shared services industries for pre- and post-event coverage.
- Designed content pieces for publication on aforementioned event websites.
- Compiled market reports for pre-event coverage.
William Reed Business Media Pte Ltd
May 2017 - June 2019 (2 years 1 month)
William Reed is an innovative and market leading media company headquartered in West Sussex.
- Oversaw content publication for NutraIngredients-Asia.
- Interviewed manufacturers, suppliers, and academics in the health ingredients and nutrition space in the APAC region.
- Wrote daily news stories for publication on NutraIngredients-Asia.com and occasionally, FoodNavigator-Asia.
- Created and edited regular video content on industry trends, regulations, and innovations in the region.
- Hosted sessions at William Reed summits and conferences in Singapore, including Probiota Asia, Healthy Ageing APAC Summit, and NutraIngredients Omega-3 Summit.
- Oversaw production of NutraIngredients-Asia’s daily e-newsletter.
- Presented at industry events in Southeast Asia, including Vitafoods Asia and Health Ingredients Southeast Asia).
- Attended press events in Singapore and abroad for media coverage.
PropertyGuru Group Pte Ltd
May 2015 - January 2017 (1 year 8 months)
- Wrote and edited for the in-house monthly newspaper, PropertyGuru News & Views (PGNV), the first dedicated property newspaper in Singapore.
- Worked with graphic designers and printing company to lay out and publish PGNV; oversaw the overall process of getting the newspaper to print.
- Wrote and edited news and lifestyle articles for the company website, PropertyGuru.com.sg.
- Interviewed property industry professionals for profile pieces.
- Photographed interview subjects.
Speech and Drama Teacher
ACT 3 International
January 2014 - June 2015 (1 year 5 months)
ACT 3 International is an arts company that believes in promoting the arts to children.
- Conducted classes and workshops on speech and drama for primary and secondary school students.
- Taught relevant techniques and skills, such as blocking, breathing techniques, enunciation, posture, and vocal projection.
- Prepared students for competitions and performances.
Creative Writing Teacher
Monsters Under The Bed
December 2013 - May 2015 (1 year 5 months)
Monsters Under The Bed provides creative writing workshops.
- Conducted classes and workshops on creative writing for primary and secondary school students. Classes and workshops included one-on-one sessions, as well as groups of up to 30 each.
- Taught topics such as character development, genres, settings, and writing techniques.
Bees Work Casting Ltd
December 2012 - January 2013 (1 month)
Bees Work Casting Ltd is a Singapore modeling talent agency.
- Secured a supporting role in a TV commercial for McDonald’s Prosperity Burger.
- Worked on a full-day shoot; in charge of own makeup and wardrobe.
- Secured a leading role in a TV commercial for SAFRA.
- Worked on a two-day shoot; in charge of own wardrobe.
AllProperty Media Pte Ltd
January 2011 - January 2013 (2 years)
AllProperty Media is a property portal website in Thailand that helps Thai consumers find their desired properties for sale and rent in the fastest and most efficient way.
- Started as a junior reporter; promoted to editor of CommercialGuru in 2012.
- Wrote and edited daily news for PropertyGuru and CommercialGuru.
- Oversaw CommercialGuru daily news, as well as commercial property features in The PropertyGuru, Singapore’s first dedicated property newspaper.
- Conducted interviews and wrote original and breaking articles on the latest in the local and regional property markets.
- Contributed original photographs to both online and print publications.
- Trained interns and new editorial staff.
- Compiled content for SGCarMart and PropertyGuru e-newsletters.
TTG Asia Media Pte Ltd
August 2009 - October 2009 (2 months)
TTG Asia is a publisher and organizer of events in travel and tourism in the Asia Pacific region.
- Laid out pages using Adobe InDesign CS3 for the company’s travel trade publications, TTG Asia, TTG Asia PATA Mart Daily, TTGmice, and IT&CMA Daily.
- Functioned as a sub-editor and proofread articles.
- Wrote for TTG Asia, TTGmice, and the company’s news website, TTG Travel Hub.
Peter Knipp Holdings Pte Ltd
April 2008 - September 2008 (5 months)
Peter Knipp is a publishing company specialized in the food and beverage industry.
- Employed under Temasek Polytechnic’s Student Internship Programme (SIP).
- Wrote for the company’s bi-monthly in-house magazine, Cuisine & Wine Asia (CWA) and its website, AsiaCuisine.
- Produced editorial and advertorial content for CWA.
- Wrote restaurant reviews and articles for the AsiaCuisine e-newsletter.
- Organized photo shoots and conducted interviews.
- Attended and covered industry events.
Pinnacle International Pte Ltd
January 2008 - February 2008 (1 month)
Pinnacle International is a premier automotive retailer offering a wide range of vehicles to cater to diverse customers in local and overseas markets.
- Produced the creative copy for a full-page advertisement, published in The Straits Times on 19 January, 2008.
- Wrote a congratulatory message from TÜV SÜD PSB Singapore to Pinnacle International, as well as a “thank you” message on behalf of Pinnacle International.