Here’s a job description template to help you attract the e-Commerce Merchandising Specialist you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As an e-Commerce Merchandising Specialist, you will be responsible for building and merchandising digital content, ensuring the content is presented with quality and accuracy, and verifying that the merchandised product aligns with the event theme.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor key trading tasks such as stock management, fragmentation, and product returns.
- Liaise closely with merchandising, operations, and customer service teams to improve efficiencies, trade, and customer experience.
- Manage new product uploads, category builds, product detail maintenance, and promotional activities.
- Liaise with various teams for regular and ad-hoc CMS tasks and initiatives.
- Be highly involved in UAT site testing for development projects and the regular site walks to ensure 100% accuracy at all times.
- Collaborate with the e-Commerce team for onsite optimizations such as product recommendations, upselling/cross-selling opportunities, and search improvements.
- Assisting with the day-to-day coordination of e-Commerce marketplace activities, e.g. product uploads, reporting, organizing stock transfers.
- Reporting on e-Commerce trade performance including KPIs, providing data-driven insight, and conducting deep dives were needed to better understand shopping behaviors and trends.
- Proven working experience in merchandising on a similar role.
- Hands-on experience of an e-Commerce platform – Shopify Plus.
- Knowledgeable of analytical tools for performance measurement, determine improvements and innovations.
- An understanding of e-Commerce UX, content and development projects, and intuitive knowledge of how users interact and shop in a digital environment.
- Excellent ability to analyze data and propose commercial objectives.
- Project Management
- Communication skills
- Excel Skills