Here’s a job description template to help you attract the Social Media Manager you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs. To assess potential candidates, do also check out our hiring guide for Social Media Manager, as well as interview questions you might use.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As a Social Media Manager, you will be planning, implementing, and managing the company’s Social Media strategy to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, and increase sales.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a social media strategy to align with the client’s business goals.
- Create, edit, publish and share engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news).
- Be an active community manager by participating in discussions, communicating with followers, and responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design and layout.
- Develop brand awareness by implementing new features like promotions and competitions.
- Regularly monitor social media conversion rates, web traffic metrics, and SEO rankings.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, sales, and customer service to ensure brand consistency.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Marketer/Community Manager.
- Hands-on experience in content management.
- Ability to deliver creative content and excellent copywriting skills.
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of online marketing channels.
- Familiarity with web design and a keen eye to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- Social Media Marketing
- Community Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Strategic Planning